Sunday, March 20, 2016

Jewelry Box

One of the items from my recent thrift store haul was a tall jewelry box. With four drawers, it would be perfect for holding bracelets and larger jewelry items.

I painted it black. Try to contain your amazement. ;)

It became the new neighbor of this box.

Which now holds my glasses.

Both live on my dresser. With the dresser painted, the chandelier hung above, and all my things organized in pretty containers, I can consider this part of my bedroom complete. :D

11 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Great how the carving shows through the black but just looks more classy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that the carving shows but is subtle. I considered doing a silver dry brush to accent it, but there's already a lot going on visually with the dresser.

      Delete
  2. Its amazing what black paint can do to transform an object

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such an eye for thriftshop finds! You see the beauty under the ugly colour and turn things which I would never consider into beautiful and useful objects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's all about ignoring the color. :) I think I first learned that with sewing patterns. Often the picture shows the garment in a fabric or color I don't like... but eventually I learned to look at only the shape, knowing I could choose my own fabrics and colors.

      Delete