Monday, March 21, 2016

DIY Framed Art


In my recent thrift store haul...

was this gold frame.

I painted it black. I can hear your collective exclamations of surprise. ;)

I also had this onlay which I'd purchased for another project. It didn't work for that project, but I kept it, thinking I could use it for something else.

You'll never believe what happened! I painted it black. :o

I combined the frame and the onlay with some black and white gift wrap...

and called it "art."

Finally, something to hang on my wall!

12 comments:

  1. simple DIY but so gorgeous! Love what you did to it ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, I love how neatly the flock patterns appear to match up- these pieces were clearly supposed to be together!!

    Your productivity is very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was very happy to find gift wrap that worked so well.

      Delete
  3. Wow,I love your original piece of art work it looks amazing, especially with the contrasting damask pattern

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! Bane, what a cool idea!!! I can't wait to see where you're going to hang it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I hung it above my faux fireplace.

      Delete
  5. Good idea! You are so productive with getting things done around your house, I admire that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Some days, I just want to flop on the couch and do nothing... but ultimately I feel better when I keep busy.

      Delete
  6. Great work! I never find nice frames!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I saw this frame on a high shelf above the men's shoes section... probably not a high traffic area of the store and the only reason the frame hadn't already been snapped up.

      Delete