Saturday, March 19, 2016

Swingy Lamp


Today I went to the thrift store nearest my house. It was late afternoon on 50% off day, so the selection was a bit picked over. I found only half of what I was looking for. I debated whether to drive 15 minutes to a larger thrift store. I decided yes, and I'm so glad I did!

In addition to finding the rest of what I was looking for, I found something totally unexpected: a swing arm lamp. I've been looking at swing arm lamps for my bedroom, and they're expensive. This guy was $10; with 50% off, I paid only $5. Sweeeet!

As I was walking to the car, I reminded myself to take "before" pictures. And laughed at myself. Nearly everything I buy needs "before" pictures before I paint it black. :D

4 comments:

  1. Interesting! I have never seen one of these before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only seen one or two in stores... I guess they're not in style right now, but they're very practical. They swing out to provide light for reading in bed, then fold back so they're not in the way.

      Delete