Monday, February 25, 2013

Kitchen Makeover: Prologue

When I bought my house, the kitchen looked like this:

Yuck. I hated nearly everything about the kitchen. The oppressively low ceiling with glaring fluorescent light. The ugly bank of ceiling-mounted cabinets. The odd layout. The grungy appliances. The water-damaged floor.

No problem. It was nothing a complete gut-and-rebuild wouldn't fix. ;)  I began to plan and budget for totally remodeling the space.

Then my employment status became uncertain, and kitchen remodeling fell to the bottom of the spending priority list. With no way of knowing when I'd again be comfortable putting money into a kitchen remodel, I decided to move forward with a low-budget makeover. By recycling what I had and using some unconventional solutions, I ended up with what I think is a pretty good result.

Over the next several posts, I'll be showing what went into making over my kitchen, so check back to see the details of my projects. And stay tuned for the big reveal at the end. :)

9 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to your final reveals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to see these series of upcoming posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you. My kitchen makeover has been on the back burner for over a month now... Can't wait to see your pictures though! Maybe it'll give me the kick in the butt that I need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, I'm so excited to see the transformation! Can't wait for the next installment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interested to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I already know it's gonna be great if it involves black paint! :D

    ReplyDelete