Sunday, March 11, 2012
One Lovely Blog Award
A million thanks to the lovely ladies of Coffin Kitsch and Le Professeur Gothique for presenting me with the One Lovely Blog Award. I'm truly honored to receive this award not just once, but twice.
I was an internet hermit for a long time. I'd given up on forums and blogs because too many of them were negative, full of rants and arguments. When I started GIY, I hoped to give something that a few people might find helpful. I didn't expect to get anything in return. To my surprise, there is this wonderful blogger community, from which I get far more than I could ever give. I feel connected for the first time in years. Every comment I've received has been positive, and the support really means a lot to me. Feeling that people are interested in what I have to say is a great boost to my less-than-ideal self-esteem.
The rules of this award are to present it to fifteen bloggers and list seven random things about yourself. I feel like a cheat, but the blogs I would choose are the same ones listed on Coffin Kitsch and/or Le Professeur Gothique. At the risk of starting some sort of infinite loop, I will refer back to their lists.
Now for seven random things about myself:
1. I have seen the movie "Clue" about 100 times.
2. My favorite food is pepperoni pizza, but I don't like cheese on anything else.
3. My heliophobia has nothing to do with being goth. When I was 18, I got a terrible sunburn, then came down with mono and a raging fever while living in an non-air conditioned dorm in summer in Georgia. It was like being on fire inside and out for days. Now when I'm in the sun, I feel like it's burning me.
4. I love Coke Zero.
5. My favorite number is 12.
6. Bane is my real name.
7. I'm extremely uncomfortable speaking to groups and will avoid it whenever possible. During my senior year of high school, I let my grades slip so that I would graduate third in my class and avoid having to give a valedictorian or salutatorian speech.