Sunday, January 1, 2017

A More Disciplined 2017

This year, I want to make some substantial changes to myself and my lifestyle. Many of them involve being more disciplined. Disciplined?! My freedom-loving Aquarian self instantly recoils in distaste. I can't bear the thought of inflicting a bunch of restraints on myself, and self-imposed responsibilities are heavy burdens for me.

You might look at my tidy, organized house and conclude that I am already a very disciplined person. (Or even ask if anyone lives here.) But the sight is misleading. I'm not organized because I have disciplined myself to be organized. I am organized because it's my nature. It doesn't require any effort; it's just how I function.

What requires immense effort is taking proper care of myself - exercising, eating healthy, looking after my mental health. That's where I need to be more disciplined. Let's hope I can do it.

I have a few changes in mind for this blog as well. Nothing major, just some new ideas I would like to try.  I've been focusing on home improvement the last several months. I'd like to have better variety, with more posts on crafts, sewing, and maybe even fashion. I want to ensure the content is relevant. Not all of my readers have a fixer upper house, but they all wear clothes at least some of the time. That's my assumption, anyway. ;)

16 comments:


  1. Wishing all the best for the New Year, and your girls.

    I must admit, I see photos of your house looking so immaculate it's makes me feel slightly ashamed as I'm so disorganised it's unreal..

    I'm can't wait to see your new posts. I must admit I've loved your recent renovations and during insomnia filled nights I reread your old posts, which have served as wonderful inspiration. Inspired to have a go at things. Even try to use a drill.

    It'll be really exciting to see more fashion posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      You shouldn't be ashamed. But I know how it feels... many people here in Colorado are super fit because they love running or skiing or mountain climbing, and I feel like a lazy, lumpy slob because I'm not naturally athletic or energetic.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Ha ha! Or for people who don't want to get arrested when they go out grocery shopping. ;)

      Delete
  3. "...but they all wear clothes at least some of the time." Hee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And if not, that's okay, too. ;)

      Delete
  4. Not sure if my last comment posted (GRRR BLOGGER!), but I just wanted to wish you a happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You may be right about people wearing clothes but they also need pretty (gothy) homes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. :) The home improvement posts will continue. I still have much work to do on the house. So much.

      Delete
  6. I can't wait to see the future things you bring to your blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your goals and I can't wait for the new content!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to see some fashion posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to make some if I can get decent photos with my little point and shoot camera.

      Delete