Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Body Repairs Tomorrow

My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow. I'm a little nervous. I've had surgeries before, but the last one was 13 years ago when my body was younger and in better shape. I'm not very fit these days. :( But my overall health is okay - nonsmoker, healthy weight, good blood pressure, etc. - so hopefully I will heal quickly.

I filled a prescription for pain meds but hope I won't need them. The last time I took a narcotic pain med, I had bizarre dreams/hallucinations. I saw a team of football players, about 10 inches tall and dressed in red uniforms, walking out of my closet. Tiny football players?! I have NO IDEA where in the deep recesses of my brain that came from.

I also heard and felt my dog jump up on my bed and lie down beside me. I reached down to pet her... and she wasn't there. I wasn't just seeing things, I was hearing and feeling things. Freaked me out a little. Hallucinations = not fun. (Clearly I have no future as a drug abuser. Heh.)

If all goes well, I'll have a few days of hallucination-free rest and recuperation, and then I'll be back online.

By the way... It's been about five weeks since the attempt to dye my hair purple. I've shampooed it about 25 times, and it still looks black. The color has not faded at all. My hair stylist doesn't quite know what to make of it. She said she's never seen hair do what mine does. Yep, I'm a mutant. :P

13 comments:

  1. Bane, good luck tomorrow. Sending you good mojo for a painless and quick recovery. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending good, positive, and healing thoughts and energy your way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sends hugs and good vibes your way*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck. I'll be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts toward you and your surgeons/doctors/nurses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope all goes well!!! It totally will, Bane. I am wishing you many good vibes for recovery!

    I hallucinate on opiates as well. I had knee surgery earlier this year and it was a horrible month full of black shadows that were NOT my dog!

    Hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck! Hope everything goes ok!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending you healing vibes. Let me know if you need a pep-talk. You're great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. good luck with the surgery and a quick recovery!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope the surgery goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope everything went okay and the doggies are giving you lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you are okay now and take the time to get back on your feed!

    ReplyDelete