Friday, March 4, 2016

Fear? What Fear?

Two days ago, I wrote about my scared little dog Nook who had suddenly become terrified of the hallway. Many thanks to everyone who commented and made suggestions.

I came home from work with a plan to try some of those suggestions. After greeting the dogs and letting them outside as usual, I walked down the hall to my bedroom.

And did a double-take when I saw that both dogs had followed me.

Nook's fear of the hallway has apparently vanished. She's now trotting up and down the hall as if the last few days of fear had never happened.

I have no clue why she is suddenly unafraid (or why she was afraid in the first place)... but I'm very happy she's back to normal.

8 comments:

  1. What a funny little creature! Maybe the other dog helped her out! So happy it worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, puppy brains! So complex, so strange, so utterly adorable. I'm glad she's not scared anymore, poor poochie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very strange indeed! But I'm glad that she seems to be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did the other pooch go on the floor first? She may have noticed that he's ok on it and figured that it's nothing bad! That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's SO good to hear, thanks for the update! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your comments! Nook is no longer afraid of the hall. She still won't go in the kitchen (residual fear from when I accidentally dropped a glass a few weeks ago) but that might actually be a good thing because it's one fewer dog under my feet while I'm dealing with hot food and boiling water. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perhaps the hallway ghost has moved on.

    ReplyDelete