Monday, September 21, 2015

Holiday Bazaar: What to Make?

My employer will be hosting a holiday bazaar in November. Crafters can sign up to sell their wares. Though all types of crafts will be welcome, the idea is that the bazaar will be a good place for people to do some holiday shopping. Proceeds will go to charity.

I have signed up to be a seller. It will be great excuse/reason to make some fun things. I’m best at sewing and paint/decoupage crafts, so I’ll stick with those.

The question is… What should I make? I don’t really do Christmas, so I’m totally out of the gift-giving loop. What types of things would make good holiday gifts? What colors or patterns or themes are popular with the non-goth crowd?

Any thoughts or ideas are welcome!

12 comments:

  1. You could try decoupaging some boxes with snowflake patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the snowflakes. Ride that "Frozen" money wave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good call. "Frozen" is hot... no pun intended.

      Delete
  3. Or you could sew small bags for pens, cosmetics, and knickknacks! There are plenty of free patterns on craftsy or in the web. I would suggest a blue-white snow theme or the evergreen red-green-white christmas colours...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't go wrong with decor items or ornaments, that's how I get my Christmas craft on, and I'm not even that big on Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, ornaments... I haven't made ornaments before. That could be a fun new thing to try. :D

      Delete
  5. I'm in the same boat myself ... what to make that I don't mind keeping if it doesn't do well. So I'm going with 'winter' decorations because I'm pretty bad at taking Christmas-themed decor down in a timely manner. Snowflake stuff can stay up until at least March! I'm thinking decoupaged pillar candles, votives, etc. You could bling them out with rhinestone jewellery that look like snowflakes. But hey, don't listen to me. I'm also kind of notorious for making things that don't sell. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Are you offering me a grain of salt with that suggestion? ;)

      Delete
  6. I'm actually thinking about gifts at the moment to make for people for christmas. Last year I was going to make some tissue covers, for pocket/bag tissues (didn't get around to it). This year, I'm thinking of sewing some of those fabric tube bags to hold lots of plastic bags inside. Hope you find some good things to make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I came across some cute tissue covers when I was searching for scrap projects. I have a weakness for boxes and bags... things that hold stuff. And the only thing better than a bag to hold stuff is a bag to hold more bags. :D

      Delete