Thursday, September 24, 2015

Halloween Fabrics 2015

Two years ago, I bought about a dozen Halloween cottons. Last year, I bought five. This year, I haven't bought any. I'm just not feeling this year's fabrics. I have found very few with my preferred motifs of bats, owls, or ravens/crows.

I like these two bat prints, but I don't wear natural or cream...or ecru or eggshell or off-white or any of the other 4,000 shades of beige. ;)
Alexander Henry Haunted House Bellatrix The Bat Natural
Timeless Treasures Wicked Bats/Webs Cream
Another two bat prints are in purple, my favorite color, but the purple is combined with pink, which I don't wear.
Haunted Hill Small Toss Bats Eggplant
Every Witch Way Bats Allover Purple
There's only one fabric that really catches my eye -- this purple (or is it blue?) fabric with black bats and white stars. But I'm not totally in love with it.
Toil & Trouble Bats Purple

Perhaps this is not a bad thing. Perhaps the universe is telling me to make something other than cotton skirts. :P Actually, I'm feeling velvet and lace. I feel like sewing some panne velvet... even though every time I sew panne velvet, I swear I'm never going to sew panne velvet again.

11 comments:

  1. I really love the first two fabrics, I wouldn't wear them but instead make them into something. I wish I could find something like that in Perth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I am not a fan of those colours! The white ones are lovely prints but I would have to worry about spilling stuff! Perhaps they are dyeable? And yeah the pink ones are a bit pinky for me too!

    I am crossing my fingers that some nice Halloween fabrics will be left over for sale afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're cotton, so they are dyeable, but it's difficult to get rich colors such as the violet I'd want with home dye.

      Delete
  3. Though I really like the Haunted Hill Eggplant one, I will always agree on more velvet and lace! I would love to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One can never have too much velvet and lace. :) I'm working on a couple things and I'll post when they're finished.

      Delete
  4. Yay! It's halloween fabric season again. So many of the halloween fabrics have been off white and beige this year. They are great for home dec projects but not so good for pretty dresses. I've already made a few quilts but I want some bat prints in purple or grey for dresses. I was really into the black and white theme last year but this year I want the traditional orange and purples again. I will keep looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished some skirts in purple and grey bat prints that I bought last season. I am already feeling the orange bug this year. I'll try to hold out until October 1... after that, all the orange fabrics come out from the back of the closet. :)

      Delete
  5. The one with the bats and stars would make a cute bed spread, but buying fabric in the States is hella expensive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would make a cute bedspread! With black bat-shaped pillows. :D

      Delete