Sunday, June 7, 2015

The Daily Done: June 6

On June 6, I decoupaged a tissue box cover. I started with a plain wood cover purchased from a craft store.

First, I glued a square of paper to the top of the box.

Next, I cut a rough opening in the paper above the hole in the box. I cut several small slits in the paper all around the perimeter.

I folded the slivers of paper down into the opening of the box, gluing them with Mod Podge.

Then, from the inside of the box, I folded and glued the bits to the wood.

Lastly,I glued paper around the sides of the box and gave the whole thing a coat of matte Mod Podge.

I have been assembling an office armoire (more on that later), and I needed to have tissues handy when I'm working there. I also needed to raise the lamp, which was too short. Turning the box on its side solves both problems. :)

Decoupaged tissue box cover... Done!

9 comments:

  1. I love it! So easy, so attractive, and so useful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And it saved me from having to buy a new lamp.

      Delete
  2. I need to find a toilet paper holder for extra rolls - I'm gonna do that if I ever find one! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, good reminder. I need to put one of those on my bathroom remodeling purchase list! :)

      Delete