Tuesday, January 17, 2012

It's Always Darkest...

It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Despair... purples and black... it's like this poster was made just for me
I was just admiring the demotivational posters from despair.com.  I don't know if that's a commentary on the excellence of the posters or the depths of my depression... or perhaps a combination of the two. 

Big D has been kicking my butt lately.  I can't scrounge up the motivation to do anything.  I have an almost obsessive need to (over)explain everything, so it's difficult not to write a detailed treatise about what's going on with me.  But when I started this blog, I swore to myself that I would never use it for ranting or complaining... and I'm sticking to that. 

So I'll just say that I need to take a little break, and leave it at that.  Sooner or later - hopefully sooner - I'll feel better and start doing projects again.  The creativity and motivation will return, and so will I.


11 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear how you are feeling. I really hope that things start to get better for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sunset in the picture is beautiful. The text describes so well how it feels when I'm depressed. I really hope that even if your'e sad right now, you know there is a light in the end of the tunnel. And I hope you'll get better very soon. Warm Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Huggles.*

    Feel better when you're able, and in the mean time, I hope you are able to find one awesome thing a day to appreciate. (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I'm going to miss you while you're on sabbatical. Check in, at least via email, and let me know that you're ok. Sometimes we need to embrace our depression and darkness to see that there is truly light. You can't have one without the other. Here's hoping your darkness has a nice full moon to guide you through it and back home to a balanced and focused you.

    HUGS and more HUGS! If you need to talk please email me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what? no.. but I just found your lovely blog!
    Don't stay away too long! :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go on your walk, but remember to come back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You just made me think of the song Cocoon by Assemblage 23 - such a beautiful expression of a feeling similar to what you seem to be experiencing. That song soothes me when I am feeling down and beating myself up about it. It reminds me that it's okay to feel that way, and that we each need to sometimes just take care of ourselves above all else.

    Your inspiring posts will be missed, but appreciated that much more when you return to us. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys are awesome. I really appreciate the kind words. As battles with depression go, this one feels like a relatively minor skirmish and I think I'll feel better soon.

    A while ago I found a counselor here who was very helpful. I only saw her a couple of times, though, because my health insurance didn't cover her fees. As of January 1, I have a new insurance provider, and today I found out she is in their network. This is great news! I plan to call tomorrow for an appointment. I know talking to her will help.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are one of my favorite bloggers. I love your projects and your voice. Take care of yourself and come back to us soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I miss your blogging and I sincerely hope you feel better. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You haven't blogged in a while, and I guess you haven't been in a blog-y mood. Hopefully you're OK and you'll be feeling better soon. Take care :)

    ReplyDelete