Monday, September 12, 2011

Wall Decals Are Not Just for Walls

Last October, I found purple and black bat decals. Purple! Bats! :-D I bought them and stuck them to... my car. My coworkers thought it was a cute Halloween decoration. Pfft!  Bats aren't just for Halloween! I did not remove the bats on November 1.  In fact, I didn't remove them at all.  They've been on my car almost a year, staying firmly in place, even surviving multiple trips through the car wash. Just in the last month or so, the purple has faded to blue.  Not bad considering the decals are supposed to be used inside, not subjected to the intense Solarado sun. I'm now on the lookout for new bat decals.



6 comments:

  1. THIS.
    Between this, the dresser, and the curtain tutorial, you're my new favorite person. For real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thanks. You totally made my day. I am very happy that the blog is helpful. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I've seen some awesome car wraps, and I thought decals would be a way to do that on a smaller (and MUCH less expensive) scale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are these on Etsy http://www.etsy.com/listing/59157110/13-black-bat-vinyl-decals-for-halloween?ref=sr_gallery_11&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=bat+decals&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=GB&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet= these are onlu in black but you also have these http://www.etsy.com/listing/58449023/bats-vinyl-decals-12-pack-halloween?ref=sr_gallery_3&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=bat+decals&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=GB&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet= available in mulitple colours, they're nice and cheap too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the links. The 5"-10" ones might be just the right size...

    ReplyDelete